The Accounting & Operations Associate will provide support to the Operations team relating to accounts payable processes, meeting grant and contract requirements, and reporting. This position is responsible for reconciling monthly reports, cost allocation, maintaining fiscal compliance, and retrieving supporting documentation for financials, as related to assigned grants and projects. The Accounting & Operations Associate will assist in timely submission of grant and contract expenditure reports, payment processing, and in assuring that compliance and accounting requirements are met. Additional duties to support Operations as needed in the areas of: Information Technology, depending on the hired candidate’s experience and skillset.
Position Status: Full time/Non-exempt, 40 hours per week
This position reports to: Operations Manager
Compensation range: $21 – $23 per hour
Location: This position is a hybrid position: in office and remote working schedule
(1-2 days remotely)
Accounting & Operations:
- Responsible for coordinating payments for all incoming invoices in a timely manner.
- Responsible for processing expense reports and staff reimbursements.
- Ensure proper written approvals are in place and/or requirements are met for all payments.
- Responsible for accurate allocation of costs and creating monthly reports.
- Proper management of petty cash funds and related processes.
- Manage physical and digital records as well as documentation of workflows.
- Gather and manage independent contractor required documents.
- Manage online platforms (i.e. Lyft, Amazon, etc) used to make purchases and provide updates and/or reporting on spending.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date with internal controls, grant/contract compliance, and fiscal audit requirements.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable processes (ie provide documentation for billing)
- Assist with management of bank accounts and corporate credit cards.
- Assist with maintaining internal reporting compliance.
- Assist with creating and monitoring budgets.
- Assist with preparation of checks as needed.
- Assist with reconciling and classifying operational expenses.
- Assist with organizational financial audits as required.
- Assist with IT processes to support overall agency infrastructure.
- Attend internal and external meetings as assigned.
- Additional duties to be assigned, as needed.
Grants and Contracts:
- Responsible for reconciling monthly expenditures, monthly restoration funds requests and documentation, and financials relating to assigned grants and contracts.
- Assist in maintaining contract compliance standards to meet County, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Research and prepare written reports as needed and produce various periodic reports, graphs and charts to the team.
- Assist and monitor community collaborations and partnerships with sub-contractors, funders and external agencies.
- Maintain a calendar of submission deadlines to guide the scheduling of grants and contracts.
- Compile a variety of statistics and data related to monthly billing and financials and some CRM reports relating to applicable grants and contracts.
- Assist with monitoring budgets and approved expenditures related to grants, assuring adherence to line item allocations and allowable costs.
- Assist with reconciling and classifying expenses on QuickBooks.
- Ensure that budget and expenditures are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist with contract audits as required.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting, cost principles, and allowable costs.
- QuickBooks and online business payments platform experience.
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, specifically pertaining to financial reporting.
- Ability to work on Mac computers, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, knowledge of vulnerable populations and advocacy.
- Ability to analyze information, solve problems, formulate logical conclusions to define the problem and make recommendations for effective solutions.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility in meeting deadlines and adjusting to changing priorities.
- Reliable means of transportation.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with contract compliance, billing, accounting, quality assurance, or social service program development.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred, but not required.
- Background in financial reporting or billing management.
All employees are screened through a thorough background check process. Positions with financial responsibility will also be required to undergo a credit check.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your professional resume with a thoughtful cover letter, detailing why you are interested in working as part of the Saving Innocence team. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We care about our employees and we show it through the benefits we offer. Check them out!
- Paid Vacation: 10 days of paid vacation to be accrued at a rate of 3.34 hours per pay period. Vacation time will accrue beginning on the first day of employment, for use after the first 90 days. Vacation benefits increase after one year of full time employment and two years of full time employment, until a maximum of 20 days of paid vacation is accrued annually.
- Paid Sick Leave: 6 days of Paid Sick Leave per calendar year
- Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (Covid Sick Leave): One bank of 40 hours to be used for covid symptoms and quarantine for you or a family member, no positive test needed. One bank of 40 hours to be used for positive covid test results. Remote work may be coordinated when you are using this time, if remote work is available for your position.
- Holiday Pay: (10 days annually observed as follows) New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Health Insurance: Health insurance coverage meeting ACA requirements with 90% of your coverage paid for by Saving Innocence; this will be available on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment. SI also offers employer sponsored voluntary dental & vision plans.
- Retirement: Saving Innocence offers a 401(k) match of 100% of the employee’s 401(k) contributions up to 5% of their annual gross compensation. This means that for every $1, Saving Innocence will match $1 to your account up to 5% of the eligible pay. Vesting is immediate for employee deferrals. Employer contributions are subject to a 5-year vesting schedule. Employees are eligible to join the plan after 3 months of employment.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave Wage Replacement: up to 8 weeks, coordinating with EDD
- Monthly Childcare Reimbursement: up to $200
- Cell Phone or Reimbursement: Company iPhone to be used for all business-related communication during employment or monthly reimbursement of up to $50, for use of your personal cell phone
- Internet Reimbursement: up to $50, monthly
- Counseling Benefit: Up to 4 hours per month of paid time while attending counseling (voluntary) and up to 50% reimbursement of counseling fees
- Jury Duty: 5 paid working days, annually, if called to Jury Duty
- Laptop: Company laptop to be used for all required work during employment
- Mileage Reimbursement: for all required miles traveled in your personal vehicle
- Saving Innocence/Hope Dealer Merchandise
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and caring team AND MORE!
To apply for this job please visit savinginnocence.bamboohr.com.