Accounting & Operations Specialist
The Accounting & Operations Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the accounts receivable process, including invoicing, payment processing, preparing financial reports, and providing support to the Operations Team as needed. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong data entry, administrative and organizational skills, the capacity to join and collaborate with a passionate and fun team, along with successfully working independently. Attention to detail is critical in this role which spans a number of areas including grant reporting, grant/contract compliance, programs & services, and cost principles.
Position Status: Full time/Non-exempt, 40 hours per week
This position reports to: Operations Manager
Compensation range: DOE, please share your compensation expectations
Location: This position is a hybrid position: in office and remote working schedule
- Lead processes for monthly invoicing, payments/reimbursements, and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with all staff to gather supporting documentation as required by contracts, grants, accounting standards, and agency internal controls.
- Assist in maintaining contract compliance standards to meet County, City, State and Federal guidelines as it pertains to our financial records.
- Assist with further development of financial systems & procedures.
Billing & Reporting
- Draft and finalize all invoices with proper documentation and approvals.
- Responsible for reconciling monthly invoicing, documentation, and financials relating to grants and contracts.
- Collaborate with the team to meet billing requirements for all contracts and maximize funding by capturing all billable costs.
- Ensure that the agency is meeting all billing and reporting deadlines.
- Maintain a calendar of submission deadlines for invoices and reports.
- Compile a variety of statistics and data related to monthly billing and financials and some CRM reports relating to applicable grants and contracts.
- Submit monthly billing reports to leadership with findings and/or recommendations.
- Assist with bank deposits, reviewing incoming checks, and tracking payments.
- Assist and monitor community collaborations and partnerships with sub-contractors, funders and external agencies.
- Assist with reconciling and classifying expenses.
- Assist in ensuring that relevant budgets and costs are in compliance.
- Assist in maintaining contract compliance standards
- Maintain physical and digital files and properly track document versions.
Grants & Contracts
- Assist with monitoring budgets and approved expenditures related to grants, assuring adherence to line item allocations and allowable costs.
- Assist in maintaining contract compliance and implementing internal controls in the office.
- Stay up-to-date with new grant & contract requirements, amendments and announcements.
- Submit financial reports to the compliance team in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent communication with all team members in regards to contract compliance as it pertains to billing.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and/or updating billing processes based on new agreements.
- Assist with contract audits as required.
- Provide support in managing accounts payables for operational expenses.
- Assist with proper petty cash management and reimbursements
- Assist with managing and communicating independent contractor compliance standards.
- Assist with monitoring budgets and approved expenditures related to agency events.
- Assist with reconciling and classifying operational expenses across all platforms.
- Assist with Accounts Payables through Bill.com processes.
- Assist with the Development Department with reconciliation of donations as needed.
- Assist with organizational financial audits as required.
- Attend internal and external meetings as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and growing environment in a shared office space
- Exceptionally well-organized and a strong ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Comfortable working independently and contributing to a dynamic team
- Some experience with Apple laptops (MacOS)
- Experience working in a non-profit setting, preferred
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and leadership
- Experienced with Google Workspace (Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Experienced with SLACK Workspace
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Mail Merge
- Skilled in Excel formulas, pivot tables, tables, etc
- Tech Savvy/Natural problem solver.
- Experience with grant & contract management
- CRM/database administrative experience (Preferable Salesforce).
- Experience with Quickbooks online, Tallie, and/or Bill.com
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting, cost principles, and allowable costs.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of office experience
- Knowledge of CRMs preferred, but not required.
- Background in inventory management.
- Reliable transportation and ability to run errands.
- A registered vehicle that you are insured to drive.
- A California driver’s license
- All employees are screened through a thorough background check process.
- Positions with financial responsibility will also undergo a credit check.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, a quick learner, loves working with a team and independently, and is up for a challenging and fulfilling position! Please submit your resume with a thoughtful cover letter to include why you are interested in joining the Saving Innocence team. Check www.savinginnocence.org for more information about the organization.
We care about our employees and we show it through the benefits we offer. Check them out!
- Paid Vacation: 10 days of paid vacation to be accrued at a rate of 3.34 hours per pay period. Vacation time will accrue beginning on the first day of employment, for use after the first 90 days. Vacation benefits increase after one year of full time employment and two years of full time employment, until a maximum of 20 days of paid vacation is accrued annually.
- Paid Sick Leave: 6 days of Paid Sick Leave per calendar year
- Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (Covid Sick Leave): One bank of 40 hours to be used for covid symptoms and quarantine for you or a family member, no positive test needed. One bank of 40 hours to be used for positive covid test results. Remote work may be coordinated when you are using this time, if remote work is available for your position.
- Holiday Pay: (10 days annually observed as follows) New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Health Insurance: Health insurance coverage meeting ACA requirements with 90% of your coverage paid for by Saving Innocence; this will be available on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment. SI also offers employer sponsored voluntary dental & vision plans.
- Retirement: Saving Innocence offers a 401(k) match of 100% of the employee’s 401(k) contributions up to 5% of their annual gross compensation. This means that for every $1, Saving Innocence will match $1 to your account up to 5% of the eligible pay. Vesting is immediate for employee deferrals. Employer contributions are subject to a 5-year vesting schedule. Employees are eligible to join the plan after 3 months of employment.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave Wage Replacement: up to 8 weeks, coordinating with EDD
- Monthly Childcare Reimbursement: up to $200
- Cell Phone or Reimbursement: Company iPhone to be used for all business-related communication during employment or monthly reimbursement of up to $50, for use of your personal cell phone
- Internet Reimbursement: up to $50, monthly
- Counseling Benefit: Up to 4 hours per month of paid time while attending counseling (voluntary) and up to 50% reimbursement of counseling fees
- Jury Duty: 5 paid working days, annually, if called to Jury Duty
- Laptop: Company laptop to be used for all required work during employment
- Mileage Reimbursement: for all required miles traveled in your personal vehicle
- Saving Innocence/Hope Dealer Merchandise
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and caring team AND MORE!
To apply for this job please visit savinginnocence.bamboohr.com.