who we are
Saving Innocence supports commercially sexually exploited children (CSEC) and families, providing them with a range of services to ensure that each child and family has the opportunity to grow and develop within a safe, healthy, and secure environment.
In response to the growing epidemic of sex trafficking in Los Angeles, Saving Innocence has developed multiple programs that focus on supporting children through resource family care, advocacy, crisis case management, training/ education and psychoeducational groups.
Be A Light
Learn how you can foster a child and become their light at the end of the tunnel
DR. JUDITH HERMAN / Trauma Expert
“Those who have survived learn that their sense of self, of worth, of humanity, depends upon a feeling of connection to others.”
who we serve
When children are recovering from exploitation, they need to live with adults who have:
The WILLINGNESS to:
• Work with social service, law enforcement, medical, legal, and other professionals to minimize trauma by maximizing teamwork.
• Contribute to the hopes and dreams of young people to restore and rebuild their lives.
• Have a child or young person live with you on a round-the-clock basis.
• Be resilient advocates to stop the cycle of abuse right here, right now!
The RESOURCES to:
• Connect a child to a relationship intended to last a lifetime.
• Provide a quality of life that helps a child feel valued.
The ABILITY to:
• Help children feel safe and comforted.
• Show children that some adults can be trusted.
• Instill hope and inspiration to be successful in life.
Saving Innocence serves one of the most vulnerable populations in LA county:
CHILD VICTIMS OF SEX TRAFFICKING
Youth who are involved in our advocacy program often need the stability and permanence of a family. It is our goal to recruit, train, develop, and support families for youth who have experienced exploitation in Los Angeles County.
what we do
Saving Innocence supports the foster family (resource family) to help children and youth develop their resilience, coping skills, and strengths by delivering an array of specialized services and resources that focus on healing and optimum growth and development.
• RECRUIT FAMILIES as partners in child protection
• TRAIN FAMILIES to become resource families
• CONNECT THE CHILD to safe nurturing relationships
• ENSURE COMPLIANCE by resource family with all applicable regulations and policies
• REUNITE YOUTH with parents or legal guardians
• ASSIST in adoption or
• ASSIST IN EMANCIPATION or with preparation for independent living
• PROVIDE FOR A HEALTHY TRANSITION of youth within care
FOSTER CARE FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC) program provides core supports and services to vulnerable populations of foster children and youth in a home based setting to reduce the need once identified for congregate care and residential programs. The program is designed to stabilize children in care who require intensive treatment. ISFC resource parents receive a high level of training to provide a strength based approach to parenting.