The Crisis Case Manager & Advocate provides direct advocacy and support to those who have been impacted by the commercial sex industry. Advocates should be knowledgeable about the issue of commercial sexual exploitation and appropriate resources.
Reports to: Senior Lead Case Manager
Position: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week minimum
Compensation: $23-26/hr plus additional compensation for crisis response calls
- 1 year of Case Management experience
- Direct experience with at-risk youth / adolescents or adult victims of crime
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Reliable means of transportation and comfort navigating Los Angeles County and surrounding counties.
- A registered vehicle that you are insured to drive
- A California driver’s license
- TB test
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Knowledge of the Juvenile Justice system.
- Knowledge of the criminal court process.
- Knowledge of working with DCFS and Probation.
- Knowledge of resources for adult or minor victims of crime
- Bilingual Spanish
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.
- Ability to work on Mac computers, required
- Experience in, and understanding of, county agencies such as law enforcement, DCFS, and the Probation Department is preferred.
- Crisis intervention, and strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a reliable team member
- Work with individuals with different areas of expertise, knowledge, and skill sets
- Adaptable, a quick learner, loves working with people, enjoys working with a team and independently, and is up for a challenging and exciting position!
- Provide crisis response and advocacy support for clients within 90 minutes of crisis call throughout Los Angeles County
- Provide short and long-term case management services using a relational model
- Assist with safety planning and support through crisis and court processes
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with both staff and clients, in written and verbal form, through various channels of communication (email, slack, phone, virtual meeting, etc.)
- Assess client’s safety and stability, as well as basic needs
- Work in collaboration with Department of Children and Family Services, Probation, FBI, the District Attorney’s office, victim service providers, and local law enforcement
- Coordinate resources for clients related to housing, employment, physical and mental health, education, finances, legal assistance, etc.
- Maintain strong knowledge of current community resources available for clients.
- Provides advocacy support in multidisciplinary treatment meetings and court.
- Maintain a schedule of all scheduled appointments on Google calendar, daily.
- Document hours worked on Quickbooks Time, daily.
- Document all activities in Salesforce Database, daily.
- Assist clients with identification of needs and services, along with linkage to resources to meet identified needs and services.
- Participate in 1 hour of individual or 2 hours of group supervision with a clinical supervisor, weekly.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Attend training, workshops and continuing education to complete at least 40 hours initially, and 20 hours annually, being CPR and First Aid certified. Additional training to be pre-approved by your supervisor before scheduling.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
All employees are screened through a thorough background check process.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your professional resume with a thoughtful cover letter detailing why you are interested in working as part of the Saving Innocence team. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We care about our employees and we show it through the benefits we offer. Check them out!
- Paid Vacation: 20 days per calendar year, accrued at a rate of 6.67 hours per pay period. Vacation time will accrue beginning on the first day of employment, for use after the first 90 days.
- Paid Sick Leave: 6 days of Paid Sick Leave per calendar year
- Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (Covid Sick Leave): One bank of 40 hours to be used for covid symptoms and quarantine for you or a family member, no positive test needed. One bank of 40 hours to be used for positive covid test results. Remote work may be coordinated when you are using this time, if remote work is available for your position.
- Holiday Pay: (10 days annually observed as follows) New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Health Insurance: Health insurance coverage meeting ACA requirements with 90% of your coverage paid for by Saving Innocence; this will be available on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment. SI also offers employer sponsored voluntary dental & vision plans.
- Retirement: Saving Innocence offers a 401(k) match of 100% of the employee’s 401(k) contributions up to 5% of their annual gross compensation. This means that for every $1, Saving Innocence will match $1 to your account up to 5% of the eligible pay. Vesting is immediate for employee deferrals. Employer contributions are subject to a 5-year vesting schedule. Employees are eligible to join the plan after 3 months of employment.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave Wage Replacement: up to 8 weeks, coordinating with EDD
- Monthly Childcare Reimbursement: up to $200
- Cell Phone or Reimbursement: Company iPhone to be used for all business-related communication during employment or monthly reimbursement of up to $50, for use of your personal cell phone
- Internet Reimbursement: up to $50, monthly
- Counseling Benefit: Up to 4 hours per month of paid time while attending counseling (voluntary) and up to 50% reimbursement of counseling fees
- Jury Duty: 5 paid working days, annually, if called to Jury Duty
- Laptop: Company laptop to be used for all required work during employment
- Mileage Reimbursement: for all required miles traveled in your personal vehicle
- Saving Innocence/Hope Dealer Merchandise
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and caring team AND MORE!
To apply for this job please visit savinginnocence.bamboohr.com.